SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Logged out by the forum

On a couple of occasions now I have drafted a reasonable length message and then taken a few minutes to read it through to check it makes sense before submitting. When I have then submitted, it tells me I cannot submit as I am not logged on. Can anyone please advise how long it is without apparent activity before the system automatically logs you out? As it loses your text and you have to start again, it is quite frustrating. Thanks.

Used to occur with me. I think that you need to click on the Remember Me button. Others have commented the same, and if essential then I suspect that it should default to On.

Another odd thing I found is to not use the Back button at first. If you have started at the front page, gone to a thread and post and made a reply do not use Back to return to the front page. I now go to the top and select the Stargazers Lounge link to the front page.

I think that you can return to a page by using Back at which you weren't logged in and it gets confused. I know I have logged out then later revisited SGL and the page said I was logged in.

Hi Moonlander , Having been 'timed out' on various forums at some time (when writing a message) I write it in Notepad and then copy and paste into the Reply box. The only time taken after that is if I need to embed a URL for a weblink . At least the baby has not gone down the plughole with the bathwater . :D

Len E

I'm glad its not just me. I have used the remember me on my desktop, but not when I am connected using my work laptop! Notepad or Word and then pasting is probably the way to go. Thanks for the advice.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm late to the party on this one... Sorry about that :)

If you click on the logout button (blue bar at the top), then login again but remembering to tick the little "remember me" box.

It shouldn't happen after that!

Cheers

Ant

Archived