SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Can everyone please stop posting up pictures of Jupiter

WayBig

....i'm not getting up at 3am...i'm going to wait a few months and see it at a sensible time

....i'm not getting up at 3am...

AAARRGGHHH...wanna see it now, please stop

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it makes you feel any better I will be up and totally unable to view due to being at work.

:D

I did catch it in the anti-twilight (what is the morning version called) a week or so ago. Wonderful sight.

I've got all weekend free and I'm on 2-10 next week so I'll be staying up, not getting up, for Jupiter.

Me too if the clouds stay away.

I gave a talk to our Bedford astro group last night about Jupiter, urging everyone to get up early to see it :D

Well, the clouds have cleared, it's a nice evening and I can stay up as late as I want. :D

The only, slightly annoying, downside is that this is the first clear night since I got the scope and I'm on nightshift, so no scope! :p

just saw it for the first time today at around 5:30am Maldivian time (12:30am GMT) and it was right over head. it was twilight and the moon was very close from Jupiter. but still i was able to see the remaining belt (NEB??) clearly and GRS faintly. :p

happy with my cheap scope :D

It's gonna be clear Saturday and Sunday morning at 3am......i think you should get up :p You know it will be worth it, plus the GRS will be on show Sunday morning. :evil6:

Is the GRS on show often or is it quite rare?

This will make up my mind whether I get up or not :D

Is the GRS on show often or is it quite rare?

This will make up my mind whether I get up or not :D

It'll be rotating onto the disk as it starts to get light on sunday morning. You should be able to see it by 4am.

Jupiter's rotation is 9 hours and 50 minutes apprx, so it comes round at least twice a day onto the planet's disk. Just depends at what time you observe it

This is a useful program for figuring out when it will be on show...

SkyandTelescope.com - Planets - Transit Times of Jupiter's Great Red Spot

Last week I stayed up only to find that Jupiter didn't clear the trees near me until was light, I will get out this weekend if the weather stays clear - fingers crossed that another week means Jupiter will be high enough this time..

chance would be a fine thing... it's hiding behind my house at the moment, even when it comes up... the thought of lugging all the kit out to the front garden doesn't fill me with excitement... as for imaging it... I'd be using a mono camera and have yet to even look at RGB stuff...

....i'm not getting up at 3am...i'm going to wait a few months and see it at a sensible time

AAARRGGHHH...wanna see it now, please stop

Hahah brilliant!! :D

I would consider 1am or 2am but not 3am, need my beauty sleep. lol!

I would get up for it but I dont think it would be anything special through a 5" reflector as Saturn was very small few months ago aswel. will have a new 8" reflector soon so will look then..

Would love to see the red spot for myself...

Archived