Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Ben478

Haven't used my scope since April....

...and I'm reeaaally missing it!!!

The trouble is I do shiftwork so often have to go to bed early, and I've been so busy in the last couple of months with various stuff going on, and decorating being done in the house. But I'm hoping for normality to return very soon, and to resume learning my way around the nightsky.

Sometimes it's really fab being a beginner in a hobby, because each viewing session is full of 'firsts' - first time seeing this, first time for that, and so on! :D

Sometimes it's really fab being a beginner in a hobby, because each viewing session is full of 'firsts' - first time seeing this, first time for that, and so on! :D

I really envy you for that. There was something very magical about the first few years.

Im the same, bought a scope at Christmas and havent had it out nearly half as much as I would like. Long work days and light nights mean it must be a couple of months since its been used :p Im still buying new things though :D

It's been amazing clear up here for the past few weeks

Typically, there is no astro dark and I have no CCD camera

Sods law strikes again!

Thanks all! I'm on evening shift the next two days but after that I hope to get the scope out again!

Any current viewing recommendations for a beginner? I'm equally interested in planets and deep sky. I understand I need to wait some time yet for Jupiter unless I want to be up at 3am! haha! :D