Narrowband

Sunday 27th June 22:45hrs Meteor?

Dacfox

On the above date and time, we saw a large orange light (and I do mean large) with beautiful fingers of light that didn't so much as flicker as it crossed the sky over us (Isle of Wight) - It moved quite slowly from roughly west to east, finally setting just right of a nearly full moon.

About 30 minutes later we arrived in Cowes when and where it was darker, we saw a large smoke trail that went from one end of the sky to the other.

I've looked and listened to the news and online, but can't seem to find anyone else who saw it - I even work for the local paper here and even they can get no news on this.... we can't be the only two people who saw this thing surely!?

If anyone can point me in the right direction for some info on this, or even another witness, I'd be grateful. Many thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply....

I've seen the ISS before - and unless it was entering the atmos and burning up, there's no way it was that. This thing was big and very bright (neon orange), both my partner and I watched as it crossed the sky, taking about 4-5mins. The trail it left when we got to Cowes stretched the full length of the sky.

There were no 'chunks' falling off, no spits and spurts - I could go on, it was just spectacular (and plain beautiful). I'm really just so shocked that the two of us seem to be the only people to have witnessed this, even though it must of been visible from most of southern England. We've currently got a reporter in comms with a Dr of astronomy, and she's not heard of anything - I swear, I'm not making this up,, lol.....Bizarre!

On the above date and time, we saw a large orange light (and I do mean large) with beautiful fingers of light that didn't so much as flicker as it crossed the sky over us (Isle of Wight) - It moved quite slowly from roughly west to east, finally setting just right of a nearly full moon.

About 30 minutes later we arrived in Cowes when and where it was darker, we saw a large smoke trail that went from one end of the sky to the other.

I've looked and listened to the news and online, but can't seem to find anyone else who saw it - I even work for the local paper here and even they can get no news on this.... we can't be the only two people who saw this thing surely!?

If anyone can point me in the right direction for some info on this, or even another witness, I'd be grateful. Many thanks.

hi,....there's a thread on here about orange lights...I've just posted there myself....think my son may have had similar sighting to you!

Archived