SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Fisheye lens adaptors

lukebl

Has anyone had a go with one of these cheap fisheye lens adaptors, which screw into the front of your existing lens and effectively halve your focal length?

58mm Wide Angle+TELETPHOTO LENS : Canon 450D 500D 1000D on eBay (end time 09-Jul-10 04:13:00 BST)

I think the statement that they're 'GUARANTEED NOT TO DISTORT THE PICTURE' is worthy of investigation by trading standards, but at only £21.95 inc. postage, they must be worth a punt for a bit of fun imaging.

Stiuck on the front of my QHY8 + Nikon lens, one of these super wide angle lenses. They work, but some real distortion at the edges.

Hmmm... Guaranteed not to distort the picture?

Perhaps not even worth £21.95

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I picked up one of these adapters off the well-know auction site for just £12.95 new. Hardly Leica optics, but probably worth it for a bit of fun. OK if you stop the lens down a bit. Shame it doesn't do a complete fisheye.

fisheye_flowers.jpg

Archived