Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ISS or Space Invader at around 11.30 last night?

Simon1990

Hi all,

Last night we saw a really bright object go from horizon to horizon, straight over our heads, and we managed to manually track it and have a look through the scope at it. It looked like a massive Space Invader. I think this might have been the International Space Station, but am not sure. It took something like 3 minutes to pass from about 20 degrees on the horizon West, over us to begin disappearing at about 20 degrees East.

What do you guys think? Was this my first encounter with the ISS, or should I get practising on my space invaders game in case we are being invaded :D?

Those are fantastic images! I have only got a compact camera and a non-tracking mount, so the best I was able to capture was this (I had to cut it off at the bottom because it was extracted from a video frame which showed it as a trail):

ISSlarge2.jpg

Cracking images there Mike...

Very hard to get, by eye it doesn't look that fast - stick some bino's in the way and it goes like a rocket (:D), dread to think just how hard it is with a scope!

Ant

I saw what I am sure was the Space Station, It was very bright, and although there was clouds all over the place, I watched it almost from West to East. I was waiting for it to disappear into the earths shadow, but it didn't, and I am wondering why.

Ron.

I saw what I am sure was the Space Station, It was very bright, and although there was clouds all over the place, I watched it almost from West to East. I was waiting for it to disappear into the earths shadow, but it didn't, and I am wondering why.

Ron.

Somebody up there left the gas on?..................

.....I'll get me coat

• 2 weeks later...

Archived