SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello fellow stargazers!

timmyp

Hey all

Just a quick hello and introduction. I'm Tim, from Derby, and I'm a very amateur stargazer but enjoy investigating the skies...

I'm currently in the market for a telescope so will have a browse around the forum. So far, I'm considering the Celestorn 114EQ or 130EQ. Any quick push as to which is the better?

Tried to find the ISS earlier, but no luck. I must be doing something wrong! I will keep trying.

Hopefully speak to some of you soon

Tim

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tim and welcome to the forum from me.

Clear skies and glad you saw the ISS! I believe there is a 90 minute gap before you'll be able to see it again (..I gather it travels rather fast) Saw it last night three times!

James

Yep seen it a few times in the last few days. Havn't seen satellites since I was a kid and then this forum reminded me so out I went. I didnt realise until yesterday there were 6 people onboard.

steve

Hey talitha. Thanks for the message!

Yes, ISS was brighter than I thought it would be. Its due over again in ten minutes or so (I've spent the last 90mins reading up on binoculars) so might catch it again before hitting the sack.

Amazing to look at it and think thats there is people living on it!!

Hi all. Thanks for all the kind welcoming messages.

I was delighted to witness the ISS last night, and will try again tonight if the skies permit!

On average, on how many nights on the year can you see if the ISS (on the basis of a clear sky every night)?

Archived