Narrowband

Hi from the Sussex coast

Nick P

Hi All,

I have been casually observing the sky for the last 10 years, and enjoyed some amazing views under dark skies in the Southern hemisphere with a 90mm refractor on a camera tripod and binoculars, an ideal set up for travelling and mobility!

Must just say that binoculars are hugely under rated for observing - some of my best wide field views have been with a set of 10x50's! a superb aid for learning the local sky, star hopping etc.

Current equipment is a 6 inch achromatic refractor and due to the level of light pollution here observing will be limited to planetary and lunar targets.

Came across this forum whilst trying to find answers to a few questions (polar alignment when the pole star isn't visible) and have been impressed with the level of input and knowledge from forum members.

Nick

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone, looking forward to getting to know you all better on the forum.

Thanks Mike, yes am getting the polar alignment sorted using a compass to find true north and then setting the latitude on the mount - declination adjustment for here seems quite small at -1.4degrees west which should be accurate enough for my observing needs - I don't use the goto facility just the drive.

• 1 month later...

Archived