SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

jupiter red spot and red junior

neil phillips

Seeing wasnt too good here so i kerpt the power down a little which is just as well because the longer extention i was using was throwing off collimation. as usual slightly calmer in daylight, cant wait for crack in darkness

some more to go through but heres one at 4.38 bst

10" Europa

tweaked again wasnt happy

4739343058_fd70478b49_o.png

4739236766_a7dbc7d16d_o.png

Oh beautiful Neil, really stunning image. Double thumbs up.

I saw that this morning, in fact its nice to tie up what i could see at the eyepiece with what is in your image. The GRS stood out like a sore thumb with the belt gone, but could also see GRS Jnr and the white biggish storm in the Northern belt.

Thanks guys seeing was wobbly, im surprised ive extracted so much, clearly my longer extention throwing off collimation was a big issue here. One i will have to correct for higher powers. But anyways this power was suited to the turbulance swimming across. seeing wasnt awful. but it was swimming more than usual here.

Hi Ramis i used the 3x televue with a short, about 2" tube extention

Thanks again guys im enjoying jupiter imaging so much

Super stuff Neil. I was on it about an hour earlier than you. Just saw the GRS rotating onto the disc. The big capture for me visually was the white spot in the northern component of the NEB. Really quite beautfiul to observe :D

Archived