Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS and Meteor got it :)

I decide to stay up and take a snap of the ISS on it's 12.34 pass. I was taking an image of the ISS towards the east as it was starting to dim down I had the shutter open for 20s and during the shot a really bright meteor came close to the area of the ISS going downwards to from the SE to the East. Rushed in grabbed my card reader and bingo I had got it :D

There was a bit of thin cloud and a Full Moon trying it's best to spoil it but it can be seen towards the bottom middle of the frame. The exposure was 20s. The meteor was quite bright but as you can see no where near as bright as the ISS :p

beyondvision-albums-widefield-picture5512-iss-meteor-canon-400d.jpg

Regards

Kevin

That's great, glad someone else saw it. Whereabouts are you? I saw it in Walton on Thames, seemed quite orange and left a trail but was quite high overhead. I assume it was the same one?

Isn't it great how an Impulse to get the camera out, can result in an added bonus. If you had delayed a few seconds you would have missed the meteor.

It's a great image, and I wish I could have seen that pass, but clouded out again up here after such a lovely sunny day.

I ran the pass in Starry Night, and the screen grab shows Delphinus beside the ISS, almost the same position as your pic. Kev.

No Meteor obviously:D.

Ron.

post-13213-133877458665_thumb.jpg

Brilliant capture. I watched the ISS pass at 12.34 and saw a mag -1 meteor come in from the WSW into around the area of Sagitta while the ISS was in Cygnus. Not sure if it is the same meteor as you captured, but it is one of those times that I'll remember as it was quite beautiful to see :D

Brilliant capture. I watched the ISS pass at 12.34 and saw a mag -1 meteor come in from the WSW into around the area of Sagitta while the ISS was in Cygnus. Not sure if it is the same meteor as you captured, but it is one of those times that I'll remember as it was quite beautiful to see :D

Yes that would be the same one :p

Regards

Kevin

Archived