SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lagoon and Trifid from La palma

madjohn

Hi Guys, just finished this image from my holiday in La palma last week, I really like the colours of the tiny stars in the main part of the milky way.:D

Taken through my WO Zenithstar 66, 0.6 focal reducer and modded Canon 450D on my astrotrac.

50 X 150 sec subs at ISO 800, darks and bias subtracted.

John

post-15189-133877458319_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that guys, I could see that there was structure to the left of the nebula when I was trying to compose the shot, but I wasn't sure what was going to turn out!:D

Processing was tricky too as there is so much gas and dust in the picture, as I tried to strech details in the nebula, the colours would oversaturate somewhere else or visa versa.:p

I'm pleased with this effort though and I'm not going to try to fiddle with it any more!:evil6:

My 5th attempt and two hours work.

Hi Euan and Olly,

No, no filters, very little if any, light pollution up on top of the mountain (2500 meters).

just very clear and very dark skies, so dark I could swear the middle part of the milky way was casting a shadow!

John

Hi Euan and Olly,

No, no filters, very little if any, light pollution up on top of the mountain (2500 meters).

just very clear and very dark skies, so dark I could swear the middle part of the milky way was casting a shadow!

John

It does, seriously! We get that here, if only faintly. I am quite certain that even in astronomical darkness the high Milky Way sky of summer is far less dark to move around in then the low Milky Way winter sky.

Olly.

Archived