Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Witch's broom/eastern veil/NGC 6960

MartinB

Battling against a bright moon and thin high cloud but nice to have a surprise clear night. The B+W is using a hydrogen alpha filter. 12x2min 5x3min and 1x5min (still experimenting!) unbinned. The colour is Ha as previously - red, OIII 5x3mins binned x2 - blue, and SII 5x3mins binned x2. Using NS8" fastar and SXVF H9.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Would have liked more time and less moon. :?

Ah yes , its all coming now Martin , thats a really good start in difficult conditions,u must be pleased with that , good detail , not sure about the colour yet , dont think you had a fair chance really with the moon as far as the colour goes , but its one big leap there Martin, you to are on a higher level now , now it all becomes critical , when we are not happy ehhehehe , but thats the fun i guess ,

Well done ,and shall look foward to ole horsey from you ,

Rog

Thanks guys. A lot of the detail was going awol with the moon and thin cloud but enjoyed the session and starting to get to grips with it. Just got to get the camera to talk to the telescope now for guiding and doing periodic error correction

Great images Martin, I didn't realise that it would show up with the Ha filter, must try that mice elf. Inspiring stuff.

It was the only way to go in the moonlight CC. What I find interesting is just how discrete the 3 narrowbands are. The OIII and Ha especially produce quite seperate images.

Archived