Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello from south wales

jazkat

Just thought i would be polite and say hello to all the member's here at stargazers and say congrats to all the people who put this forum together. My name is jason, ive always been interested in the sky above and have always been facinated with space ( dont think il ever be an astronaut tho).... Anyway i have just purchased my first scope and have been lurking in the forums but have decided to sign up :rolleyes:

i was offered a good deal on a ex demo skywatcher 8" dob and took it, so now my journey of the skies is about to start.

this is my first scope so i have alot to learn, it outside now cooling down so im about to go out and point it at the heavens, seeing conditions dont seem to good tho...wish me luck lol.

happy observing all

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jason,

A big welcome from me and congratulations on your new scope. That's a very useful size of scope you have there which will provide lots of targets for you to see. Your right in that astronomy is very much a journey, one to take your time over rather than to be rushed, the stars aren't going anywhere and there are many different facets of interest to suit all needs and equipment. Best wishes on your adventure.

Clear skies

James

hi, just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the warm welcome :rolleyes:

hello to the newbies also, gary and anna.

will let you know when ive had a decent look at the skies, lastnight a neighbour left his back garden light's on so my backyard was kind of glowing lol.

jason.

Archived