Ideal 25mm 1.25" eyepiece

I am looking for an eyepiece to give me a slightly wider field of view. My lowest power EP is a 25mm plossl so obviously I could buy a 32mm plossl. But I am wondering about buying a 25mm EP with a wider apparent field of view. Does such a thing exist? The only thing I have been able to find so far is a Baader Hyperion 24mm EP with 68 degrees of view. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Hi, Perhaps the 24mm Baader would be good, it depends what scope it will be used

with. Longer focal ratios ( F8+) are less demanding on edge correction. The ultimate,

but expensive option, could be the 24mm Panoptic. But many would say they are not too worried if the view is not pin sharp right to the edge. Regards, Ed.

there is also the Vixen LVW 22mm, with 65° of AFOV.

Less than panoptic24 and hyperion24, but with excellent quality.

LVW eyepieces are simply masterpieces of optics. :rolleyes:

ciao

dan

there is also the Vixen LVW 22mm, with 65° of AFOV.

Less than panoptic24 and hyperion24, but with excellent quality.

LVW eyepieces are simply masterpieces of optics. :rolleyes:

ciao

dan

I have a 30mm Vixen NPL and it is "DA BOMB" (image is sharp to the edge with my F5 scope,contrast is great etc). The AFOV is only 50 degrees but feels like its more. I am not a person who worries about sharpness to the edge of FOV, but the NPL delivers this anyway and it is pleasing on the eye. The LVW's look and sound AMAZING. They cost more then i am willing to pay but i cant rule them out at some stage in the near future.

I have a 30mm Vixen NPL and it is "DA BOMB" (image is sharp to the edge with my F5 scope,contrast is great etc). The AFOV is only 50 degrees but feels like its more. I am not a person who worries about sharpness to the edge of FOV, but the NPL delivers this anyway and it is pleasing on the eye. The LVW's look and sound AMAZING. They cost more then i am willing to pay but i cant rule them out at some stage in the near future.

I've got the LVW 13mm, I paid for it about 50pounds because it was fallen and the barrel's end was a little crooked (you cannot mount filters), but the optics is OK (I checked it against another LVW).

It's a fantastic eyepiece, even on my dobson that is f/4.3, better than nagler 13mm type 6: surely nagler has a bigger afov, but not as corrected and clear as LVW, moreover observing with an eye relief of 20mm is very very confortable. The only limits of LVW are the weight and the size, both very large. I've tried all focal lenght from 8mm to 42mm (but not 5mm and 3.5mm): all amazing except the 42mm, I dont know if with it the problem was the eyepiece or my scope (exit pupil of 10mm and a lot of coma).

ciao

dan

Archived