Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

simon955

Hello from the dark skies of the Isle of Wight

Hello SGL,

I thought it about time to make my self known and make my maiden post. A brief intorduction, I have always been interested in astronomy and a year ago I bought my first and still current scope. My Celestron Nexstar 6SE serves me well for fairly bright objects for visual observing, but I feel the need to move on and be more ambitious such as home made Dobs and solar observations prehaps an imaging setup in the future.

I am lucky to live one the IOW and have decent skies, very good when looking south and am a member of the local astronomy society.

Clear skies everyone.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Welcome, dark skies and good fishing on the door step what a great combination.

My parents have just moved to the IOW, I was there a few weeks ago - scopeless but enviously looking up at the skies there. Definitely taking my scope for any visits later in the year once the nights draw in.

Hi Simon,

Welcome aboard :rolleyes:

You'll find a wealth of experience and knowledge on here, whatever direction your astronomy takes.

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard.

Clear skies

James

Hi Simon

A warm welcome to the stargazers lounge forum.

steve

Edited by kidlands

Hello

used to live on te IOW, but work took me to Dorset. Nice dark skies out there.

Welcome to the forum

Kate

Hi Simon,

A very warm welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the forum.

John.

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the forum! Quite fancy a holiday to the Isle of Wight - might take the scope along :rolleyes:

hello and welcome......how I envy those skies of yours.....try living in slough!

Hi Simon, just over the water in Lymington so we share the same bit of Sky, bet it's darker where you are though. Welcome to the forum.

SH

Hi Simon and a very warm welcome. Make the most of your dark skies and enjoy your time here.

Kev

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the forum. Just across the water near Southampton. Although IOW is where we hope to retire too one day (getting ever further away now). It's a lovely place, we usually stay in Niton or Freshwater. Skies down at St Catherines Point were awesome last year.......just watched the stars sink into the horizon.