Narrowband

September 27th 05

OXO

Well after not being able to sleep i went outside and did a quick setup again as there was quite a few clouds about the place and it was looking like i may just get 30mins again like last night!. Turned out i got 15mins lol nevermind though i got a nice image for my effort's.....

image.jpg

3 Frames stacked and editted in photoshop cs.

James :)

whats amazing it that these two images bring home how much the moon changes between one night and the next. It's not just the obvious stuff like the terminator has moved. But look at the craters as well. The shadows have changed - some of the craters that were almost invisible (or at least unremarkable) yesterday are now filled with detail.

Fantastic comparison James.

Ant

Your right Ant, it's great being at the eyepiece night after night observing the Moon as you get so many differant variation's with the Lunar surface. One of my Fav views is of Long dark shadows cast of the higher ground's and crater wall's just awesome to watch..

Thanks

The straight wall and Copernicus are stunning, either way.
Certainly are Astroman i try my best to get good view's of those. Next time out i am planning on doing some pencil drawing's a sort of going back to basics but great fun!

Archived