Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Closet SGL Member... since 1997

robertm

Hi,

I've been a member of this forum for about 3 years and have always enjoyed looking through the posts, many of which I have found very informative. Since, unfortunately the forum police have banned me from the For Sale section, I thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Robert Mercer and I live on Orpington Kent (on the edge of South East London).

I've been interested in astronomy, on and off for a long time. About 10 years ago the flame started burning again and I purchased an ETX RA. Well, I've been throught several sets of equipment and a few wallets since then but I'm very happy with my setup now (well the budget's gone but there are some small bits and bobs still on the list... as there always are!).

I'm currently enjoying some widefield imaging and have just embarked on a Cygnus Ha Mosaic. It's one of those things that may never get finished, but at least I would have enjoyed it a lot along the way.

This is a link to the first taken last year: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2770/4071884698_c35ea0b897_b.jpg

The most recent hasn't been as good but I'll keep going anyway.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4709490737_31978a09b1_b.jpg

I'm sure it's going to be fun stitching them all together :rolleyes:

TFL

Robert

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your kind comments.

For those images I used a Finger Lakes ML8300 and a Canon 200L lens. The first was 13 x 600s Baader 7nm Ha @f/2.8, and the second (a little out of focus) was 10 x 600s @f/3.2. Getting focus at these focal ratios is a real pain... it involves tapping the focus ring would you believe!

Robert

You are one of many who have started coming out the closet so to speak. Welcome Rpbert I really do hope you enjoy it here and start contributing towards this forum.

Your photos are lovely and I'm sure you have some great experience to share with the newcomers to this hobby.

welcome to the fold matey

stunning images. I really love the wide field shots like this and the monotone nature of yours feels like they would be if we could only 'see' them like this. as a purely visual observer (currently!) I REALLY wish we could see these 'faint fuzzies' like this - a camera eye replacement - now THAT's cosmetic surgery I might actually see the point in!

Archived