Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

aaihd

Greeting from West London

Hi, I am Nick from West London,

I have for a long time been meaning to get around to astronomy and I now finally have a garden to set up my scope in.

I bought an LX200GPS 8" a while ago and still getting to grips with it. I am very keen to start astro imaging but realize what a complicated subject it is by reading some of the posts on this forum. Also the amount of expenditure that is required!

looking forward to learning more,

Nick

Hi Nick,

a very warm welcome to SGL, I should become conversant with all aspects of using your scope before you venture into the dark art of Astrophotography, and yes it can cost, but the initial purchase of a webcam can get you started on things like the Moon and Planets, enjoy the forum.

John.

Hi from me too - if astroimaging is your thing you could do worse than get a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' by the boards very own astro imaging guru Steve Richards

Hi and welcome to the forum Nick. :D

At the moment I'm staying with the observing crowd as I know, through others experiences how tempting and seductive astrophotography (the 'Dark Side') can be. :p:D Having said that, I fully appreciate the work that members of the forum put in to produce their images and 'Picture of the Week' is one of my astronomical highlights that I look forward to.

Clear skies for you and your new kit.

James

Welcome Nick. I hope the imaging takes off for you. There is plenty of advice and help to be had here.

Hey Nick,

Plenty of tips and advice in here, certainly open yours eyes doesn't it?

Hi Nick, welcome. When you get some images make sure you post them. I know there's some experts round here (who will give you a helpful critique) and there are those of us who have never connected up a camera who will be jealous that you've managed it. Enjoy the forum.