SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astroforecast.org

IanC11

Hi there, Does anyone know what's going on with the Astroforecast.org.8080 web site.

First it was down for the last couple of weeks and know my browser is asking for a loggin account and password, never had or needed this before, any idea's.

Ian :rolleyes:

Astroforecast is back up at this address:

Astroforecast Dot Org

Sorry for the down time; I run the Astroforecast server from home and just went through the process of relocating to an apartment in downtown Dallas. At first I considered not bringing the site back up but noticed some astronomers missed having the forecasts. Thanks for your interest in the site!

err....

possibly clear, possibly clear, not so much cloud, not so much cloud, cloud, cloud, cloud, cloud, not so much cloud, possibly clear, cloud, cloud, no data, no data

:rolleyes:

Ha, now you said I feel rather daft!! I thought the black squares meant clear as it was night sky?!! Is that just me!!

Cheers anyway!!!!

Stupid moment alert!! Please could someone help me to interpret the results from the website?

[ATTACH]38412[/ATTACH]

Thanks

Gavin

The first box is for Thursday night, the first color square on the top row is for 6PM local time on Thursday, which is forecast as clear. The next color square is for 9PM (also clear), next color square is midnight, etc in 3 hour intervals. So Thursday is clear at 6PM and 9PM, then getting hazy after midnight. Friday is cloudy all night. Also shown is a gibbous to full moon for the next seven days.

Thanks for asking the question. I will add a color key and short explanation to that page, as it appears on this one:

Atroforecast Dot Org

The first box is for Thursday night, the first color square on the top row is for 6PM local time on Thursday, which is forecast as clear. The next color square is for 9PM (also clear), next color square is midnight, etc in 3 hour intervals. So Thursday is clear at 6PM and 9PM, then getting hazy after midnight. Friday is cloudy all night. Also shown is a gibbous to full moon for the next seven days.

Thanks for asking the question. I will add a color key and short explanation to that page, as it appears on this one:

Atroforecast Dot Org

Brilliant. I'm with you now. Thanks for making it clear. Now for the skies!

Thanks again,

Gavin

Archived