Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

solti

Moon 20-06-10

It was really clear tonight I was able to see the moon clearly for the first time. I was able to play with various EPs and barlows and see what the difference was. I managed to use a barlow x 3 with a 9mm ep, zeroed in on Palus Putredinis, Apollo 16 location.

First time with little dob trying to keep something in view with this magnification, didn't take long to get the hang of how much of a nudge to give little dob to keep location in view.

Its now all clouded over but I will put tonight down as a success :)

Edited by solti

Nice report !.

The moon did look great tonight - Plato, the Alpine Valley and the Straight Wall were particularly fine in this lighting I thought :rolleyes:

We (my 6yr old and myself) are enjoying the revisit to the Moon again at the moment. It's where we started a few weeks ago, and gladly it's back in view to give us more fun. Hopefully we can get some better video etc over the next week or so.

Wayne...

cloud cloud cloud here really peeved its been really sunny and clear most of the day.

Took this by pointing a Kodak EasyShare C180 down the EP :rolleyes:

Wonder if I should have used photoshop first?

post-19817-133877457112_thumb.jpg

Edited by solti

The moon was looking good last night, that is until the clouds rolled in about 11.30/Midnight :rolleyes:.