Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reflashing a Synscan handset

Hi, is it possible to reflash a Skywatcher SynScan Alt-Azimuth GoTo V3 handset for use on my HEQ6 synscan mount which currently has a V2 handset?

That way I could just reflash the handset for either mount.

Any feedback most welcome before I try it and bust the handset.

Fingers crossed for Freff, his experience seems to say a big NO to the idea of mixing alt/azi and EQ software on V3 handsets.

I don't think the V2 handsets are flash upgradable at all. I think only V3 are, so it does sound like you will eventually need a new controller for the HEQ6. Does that upgrade also include new motors to give you GOTO?

Hi Glider

From what I understand it is just a matter of a new hand set the rest is already upgraded, I have full goto with the version 2. Just thought I may have been able to use the hand set for both mounts and save £173, but it is not to be. I'll stick with the V2 for now and sell the Alt Az goto since I no longer have the scope it came with.

Archived