SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Recommended Upgrade(s) to Orion Europa 150 f5?

wayne weedon

Some of you will already know the Telescope in the title is our 1st and current one. It's been a facinating and cost effective introduction to the hobby considering we think we got it for quite a good price via evilbay.

But as an engineer I soon saw some areas where it could be improved somewhat. In particular the rather crude plastic housed focuser, which considering we like to use a camera it's sloppy fit is annoying.

Finderscope is another area I would like to improve it, as well as investigating other mounts.

Are there any other areas more experienced users would suggest improvements could be made. Other than the obvious "buy another telescope" !

Wayne.....

Re, sloppy focuser, search SGL for a thread about using PTFE oven door tape for reducing slop and sag. If you fancy giving that a go PM me as I've got yards of the stuff left over from doing mine.

Also, I've just flocked my OTA to great effect, sheets available from johninderby.

PS...I'm assuming you are in the UK!!!

Archived