SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LX200GPS and Starry Night Pro

All

I am looking at purchasing a four year old LX200GPS but wish to run it off my six month old version of Starry Night Pro 6. Is this possible?

Should I hold out for the LX200R even though I am not intending to use it for astrophotography ie is the RC-lite optical performance the only advantage?

regards

Dalglish

I ran the LX200R through SN6 successfully by using ASCOM drivers for the mount, I'm fairly certain there was a gps version of the ASCOM driver as well. If you don't already use it, go to the ASCOM website, download the main ASCOM program and the driver for the scope, and away you go.

Steve.

The R does have far superior optics IMO, though I have limited experience of the gps series which I believe are a standard SCT configuration. The R series gives an extremely flat field for imaging purposes, I can use a full frame 35mm chip camera with no curvature with the R series.

Steve..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived