Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More resize experiments

neil phillips

Not sure if im getting anymore out of the best captures i got on the 17th april with my 12" spx f6, but considerable processing went into this resize, I didnt have a ir block filter at this time so it caused problems, and im sure the avis would have been better, but the banding is coming out for sure

4703109730_b1d5457a49_o.png

Thanks for the feedback guys, being only really a lunar and planetary guy, not much to do lately but wait for the moon and jupiter to say hello. Hence just playing with footage that ive previously worked on. But its interesting to see how slight changes in processing decisions affect the final result, i prefer the colour on this to other spx saturated versions ive posted, but still a tad red here i think, certainly helps the orange ring though doesnt it.

Cheers again guys

This really shows what a big scope can do in skilled hands (and under good conditions, I suppose). I tried a last go at Saturn yesterday, but threatening clouds and a boiling atmosphere made me give this one up. The day before I made a few shots, under slightly better seeing, so I did not think I would improve on that attempt.

Does cause a little bout of aperture fever :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived