Narrowband

PST to 2" nosepiece

kev 102 42

Gaz i'm not going down the solar route this year... i'm happy lookign at the pics form the "pro's" ... :D

I picked up a varaible T adaptor - hope that will let me sort out the spacing on the Focal redcuer with the SCT and the OAG.....

A short dovetail bar to save me having to machine one... I can just bolt it to the next generatation of the widefield autoguiding setup - which is on hold until SkyWatcher sort out whats wrong with the guidports on the EQ3 Pro...

and a Blower bulb to save the postage...

Peter...

I needed a mount to use with a PST as the sun doesnt clear the tree line for most of the year.... so this years spend has been on the EQ3 Pro with some addons for widefield...so that I can go to the other side of the valley for Southerly views...

Next year may be the PST year...

Peter...

The problem with some "ERF" type filters are. that they don't always effectivily block the IR. If you have a Wratten red filter I'd add a UV-IR filter to the nosepiece of the etalon/PST to prevent additional heat build-up.

Secondly, some of the filters I've tested, basically photographic filters had a terrible surface accuracy; I'd say worse than 1/4 wave and it was impossible to get good crisp images.

This is one of the many advantages of the Baader D-ERF; its 1/10 wave accuracy and only passes light between 600nm and 700nm ie around the H alpha.

Archived