Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

who got their telescope out tonight

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me too

scope out cooling as we speak.

hope that the addition of some cable ties ensures no power issues tonight, hope to align early in the evening and spend the night looking around properly for the first time.

hypanova.

Glad things are clear for you too,bit of high stuff still going over but can see then end of it all,about 15mins i reckon.

Going to try my 2inch 32mm panaview out tonight,hope to find some dso's.

Where the comet at 1.30 then mate?

Glad ya c6 is getting ready dave!

Speak soon check back shortly.

G

bit cloudy here so not idea but pointed scope out window to look at Saturn! Was mighty impressed with the optics and a 10mm EP shoved out the window, even with the poorlight pollution ive got, the view was much better than my old scope. thumbs up for the little planet killer :D

The comet is about 3.3 degrees southwest of Mirphak and little more than 12 degrees above my horizon at that time.

Looks like I'll have to try and observe as far south in my garden as I can to get that part of the horizon clear for viewing, luckily my garden is north facing but there is large birch tree in my neighbour's garden in that general direction which could prove a problem for viewing.

I have just had my 'scope out at working for the first time and spent just under an hour gawping at Saturn :)

I cant stay up any longer, my Husband is working away in ibiza (:D) and I have 2 children to look after tomorrow so I am having a celebratory glass of wine and turning in to lay and plot how to persude my neighbours to fell a tree and the council to turn off their steet lamps...

I am so pleased! I have had the 'scope out 4 times and been clouded over, it really is a relief to have managed to align it myself and everything :D

Can I ask a few questions to you seasoned stargazers ?

well the dreaded has come back to haunt me,but while i was in the clear,i gotta say well impressed with the 32mm pana.

Lovely bright wide field,wish it had stayed clear a bit longer,wanted to hunt a few galaxies down.

Still left it set up in gardedn as seems to be moving over pretty fast.

Also seems my scope looks alot better since flocked and laser collimated,seems brighter and more contrasty.

enjoy the evening folks

G

Worzel - Ask as many questions as you want!! (AND there is no such thing as a silly question either - so don't be shy). Everyone here was a beginner at one time so we know what it is like when starting out. Start a new thread for each question and you will soon get the answers you need (usually several saying completely different things!! LOL!!!)

Saturn was beautiful, absolutly breathtaking :D I am really looking forward to seeing it again !

Ahh i have just seen you said to make a new thread so I've edited off my list of questions.

Thanks

Total cloud cover here in Newcastle-u-Lyme on Saturday night and the dreaded rain last night, all night..... hoping for clear skies tonight :)

Haven't used scope now in a few weeks :icon_scratch:

Andy

I had the 10"SNT, complete with "new" focuser, out for a couple of hours last night. After I'd packed up and was heading to bed I saw Jupiter, very bright, in the east, so had a quick squint through the 20x80s. I'm hoping that tomorrow moroning is as clear, as I really want to get Jupiter and Uranus with the SNT.

That sounds like me Tom, I do that all too often, and get moaned at by the wife for falling asleep on the settee and snoring.... :icon_scratch:

Forecast for Stoke/Newcastle is partly cloudy too, so hoping it's clear for a couple of hours tonight..... Fingers crossed.... :)

Archived