Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL is 5 years old!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to SGL!! This is a great forum, in fact, with my busy family life etc it's the ONLY astro forum I use/keep up to date with!! It's just a great place to be at!

Well done to all those behind the scenes, thanks to you all!

Yeah, happy birthday SGL.... :icon_scratch:

I have been a member since Jan 2007 IIRC. When I started out this was a great source of info and advice, still asking for advice now and again BTW, without which I may have given up. I have also met some very good friends on here, also without SGL I would never have met these guys.

So, thanks to all involved, mods for keeping the forum a friendly and safe place to browse, FLO for the continual sponsorship and special SGL offers.

I hope that SGL continues for many, many years to come...... :)

Gary

I second what Gary has said. I think he and I joined about the same time and I'd regard him, and a number of others, among the new mates I've made on here. Keep it up SGL.

Cheers, Martin

This forum is lovely. :)

It's a huge opportunity - to expand your mind, your skills and your friendships.

I've certainly benefited intellectually and personally (:mad::icon_scratch:) from this community.

Thank you all - especially the people who do the work.

Lulu

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I can't even think of words to express how much SGL has contributed towards my enjoyment of the hobby - it's become a very important part of my leisure time (and sometimes even my work time - although I really shouldn't :rolleyes:)

The people I've communicated with and met personally through SGL are wonderful and the whole "atmosphere" of the place is vibrant and dynamic ;)

Just a huge vote of thanks for all those who make SGL happen :):hello2::):hello2::)

Happy birthday SGL!! Like FLO's expansion the success is well deserved

I get most of my blog hits from here so it's success also benefits us imagers showing off our wares, which is great :)

If only there was something done about the buy and sell sectio...........joking :rolleyes:

Dig in everyone....

post-16116-133877457199_thumb.jpg

It's thanks to this site that I now look up at the night sky and notice things that I was unaware of over a year ago.

We have a laugh, we share sad stories, we share our achievements and we sometimes argue. That is what I call being part of a large family. Nuff said

....We have a laugh, we share sad stories, we share our achievements and we sometimes argue. That is what I call being part of a large family. Nuff said

Very well put :rolleyes:

Not been here long either, but i'd like to add my congrats to SGL! 5 years and so many members is good going for any forum, but it's easy to see why - it's just such a great place to come for genuine advice, help and chat about all things astro related!

From what I have seen so far no one ever gets 'flamed' for asking dumb questions, 'cos we can all think of a few at times can't we, he he!?

Also the genuine enthusiasm people have for the subject just shines through, especially from some of the more experienced members, well from us 'newbies' too when we see something wonderful for the first time or just manage to do something slightly 'better' after receiving advice from the other members who have been there before and are just happy to share the knowledge!

I'm very very glad I found this place and wish it all the success in the future!!

Doc

Thanks everyone!

It really does mean a great deal to us all that you enjoy SGL and that you get so much from it! To echo Ant, the fact that we are becoming more like a community every day is fantastic - and having met so many of you, it's easy to see why!

Gosh, 5 years really does fly by.... I can remember when we had The Global Moderator and we wondered if we would ever get to 100 members!! :rolleyes::)

Thanks everyone!

It really does mean a great deal to us all that you enjoy SGL and that you get so much from it! To echo Ant, the fact that we are becoming more like a community every day is fantastic - and having met so many of you, it's easy to see why!

Gosh, 5 years really does fly by.... I can remember when we had The Global Moderator and we wondered if we would ever get to 100 members!! :rolleyes::)

That first 100 was a struggle :) And global mods, i remember those.

Archived