Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

please help with starting astro photography

hi i have a olympus e500 dslr and im a bit of a newbie on how to use it and my scope is a meade lx90 10" which i think i have just about mastered now but id like to start using them together and i just know i am gonna get into problems i have tried to take a couple of pics as i have the correct t adapter and a meade t mount and also a adjustable t mount but it doesent seem to produce anything i know im probably doing something wrong could someone just point me in the right direction as to let me know the best connection method and what setting the camera need to be in etc etc please HELP thanks guys/gals:confused:

Depends on what you want to image, if it is DSO then things like tracking, alignment are very important as well as collimation of your telescope. If you want to image solar planets then DSLR is not the best equipment to do so. It is fine for Lunar imaging but difficult to obtain quality planetary images such as Saturn, Mars, Jupiter. You would need suitable web cam for this.

Archived