Antares, M4, NGC6144...

ollypenrice

Here we go on the Antares Region project. Panel one is in the can but the weather is not playing ball. Even here this is a tree skimmer, the nights are short and you need a perfect and dry horizon, which is a tall order. However, we are all fired up. I took this with guest Paul Kummer. Tak FSQ85, EQ6, Atik 4000 mono, LRGB.

Interesting to process. The lum I used only to control Antares and M4. It was not applied anywhere else and was really rather foggy and nonedescript. Straight from the stacks the colour is nothing like as intense. I pushed the colour contrast in LAB colour to an incredible extent, around 50 units in Ps, whatever the units are.

Itching to get the Rho nebula which is peeping in at the top of this panel.

This is strictly a 'fun' process to see what's what.

Olly

895256790_UWefJ-X2.jpg

Very nice indeed! I remember Hubble's stunning wide field image of the region and its looking like this is going to be just as stunning when you've got all the panels together (not that it isn't already!)

Very nice Olly although it may be a tad oversatured on the blue. Looking forward to seeing the final mosiac

Regards

Kevin

Agreed. My big processing monitor under represents the blue but I have yet to persuade it to behave! It's a new one.

Olly

fascinating... definitely an area worth visiting. either visually of for a dab at astro photography..

Marius

Yes, Antres is a great colour and M4 is good in a large scope but I get no hint of the nebulosity visually.

Olly

mmm, Im wondering how long would it have taken if i attempted this unguided...

Looking foward to the finishing result...

Nadeem..

Well, the focal length (328mm) and focal ratio (f3.9) would be playing your way!!

Olly

Archived