Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M1 'Crab'

russ

Another stunning morning sky, actually much better due to the total lack of clouds :grin:

This time i stuck to my plan and my desired object. M42 and M45 were going to lure me away. M1 it would be! Followed by Saturn!!! :wink:

Started later this time, so didn't have much time to play with, as it was, less than I estimated. Planned on getting 35 x 1.5min images, only got 25. Had to discard 3 of those due to a minor amount trailing.

So the finished pic consists of:

22 x 1.5mins @ 1600iso. Unguided on HEQ5 Skyscan. ED100 with 300D at prime focus, no focal reducer. Baader filter as well.

Russ

post-12650-133877323252_thumb.jpg

BTW I know, wrong scope, wrong camera. Needed to be autoguided and imaged through a long focal length SCT with a highly sensitive Astro CCD camera. Yep it's a bit small and a bit lacking in detail........sorry best i could do :insects1:

the good ole Crab again , wonderful image again Rus , u are on a roll here mate , super FOV on that one as well, i,m surprised with the red detail you managed to get as well , now thats one object i,m waiting for Rus, this time around , anyway congrates once again on a very nice image .

Rog

That set up is really tracking well Rus. Good advert for the HEQ5! That is the best M1 I have ever seen with a DSLR at this magnification. Amazed by how much detail is appearing. Could barely be improved on.

thanks all

super FOV on that one as well

Rog, i've actually cropped the image by 50%, so that gives an idea to the true FOV. I've played with the channels a little to bring out the detail but as with M42 yesterday, not too much though.

Kain, it was certainly a cracking sky. Well worth the effort again.......but do i feel like carp now :?

Russ

Archived