Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

jnp

Another go at M16 Eagle

Despite the half moon rising I though I'd have another go to improve the previous M16 effort (of 52 x 60s @iso1600) here. http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/104784-first-m16-eagle-m11-wid-duck.html

I only added another 25 x 110s. Surpised it made that much difference. Can't wait to try again. Ideally when there is no moon and with the IR filter taken out of the 1000d.

thanks for looking

post-15143-133877452838_thumb.jpg

Edited by jnp
Remove green tint from background of image

With an unmodded cam that really came out well,what scope did you use and at what FL?

The Celestron C8 is an 8" newtonian with a 1m focal length. It give a nice size for most objects but I wont be able to fit Andromeda (m31) in.

Just notiiced its come out greenish. I'd better sort that out!

very nice image jnp....just the kind of image that i wish i could take (im just a newbee!).

cheers

bob

The Celestron C8 is an 8" newtonian with a 1m focal length. It give a nice size for most objects but I wont be able to fit Andromeda (m31) in.

Just notiiced its come out greenish. I'd better sort that out!

I thought the C8 was an SCT with a native focal length of 2 metres? However, I see you have Newtonian diffraction spikes so I'm curious about your scope!

Anyway, a great Eagle. The image is beautifully smooth. Below the nebulosity you've captured there is a lot more but you will need Ha sensitivity to catch it - and also longer exposures. Are you limited to the exposure lengths you used by LP? If not I'd try longer to get the faint stuff. Colour looks great to me, deep and strong.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice

Very nicely done, its a tricky target from the UK, hovering in and around the atmospheric murk layer, which makes it all the more pleasing when it comes through as nice as this one has.

Thanks for posting it

Cheers

Tim

Well Done John, One objects to image on my list..

Nadeem..

I thought the C8 was an SCT with a native focal length of 2 metres? However, I see you have Newtonian diffraction spikes so I'm curious about your scope!

I have the C8-S wich is a SCT.

You also have the C8-N wich is a Newtonian. :Dhttp://www.celestron.com/c3/product.php?CatID=11&ProdID=57

Edited by JeroKane

Thanks for the kind and constructive comments.

Thanks for posting, a great uncomplicated shot, just the kind I hope to do one day. Ta for sharing.