SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another go at M16 Eagle

jnp

Despite the half moon rising I though I'd have another go to improve the previous M16 effort (of 52 x 60s @iso1600) here. http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/104784-first-m16-eagle-m11-wid-duck.html

I only added another 25 x 110s. Surpised it made that much difference. Can't wait to try again. Ideally when there is no moon and with the IR filter taken out of the 1000d.

thanks for looking

post-15143-133877452838_thumb.jpg

The Celestron C8 is an 8" newtonian with a 1m focal length. It give a nice size for most objects but I wont be able to fit Andromeda (m31) in.

Just notiiced its come out greenish. I'd better sort that out!

The Celestron C8 is an 8" newtonian with a 1m focal length. It give a nice size for most objects but I wont be able to fit Andromeda (m31) in.

Just notiiced its come out greenish. I'd better sort that out!

I thought the C8 was an SCT with a native focal length of 2 metres? However, I see you have Newtonian diffraction spikes so I'm curious about your scope!

Anyway, a great Eagle. The image is beautifully smooth. Below the nebulosity you've captured there is a lot more but you will need Ha sensitivity to catch it - and also longer exposures. Are you limited to the exposure lengths you used by LP? If not I'd try longer to get the faint stuff. Colour looks great to me, deep and strong.

Olly

Very nicely done, its a tricky target from the UK, hovering in and around the atmospheric murk layer, which makes it all the more pleasing when it comes through as nice as this one has.

Thanks for posting it

Cheers

Tim

Archived