Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mobile to binos to moon

scotty365

Just for the hell ov it I tried putting my 2mega pixel mobile phone camera to the binos n pointing it at the moon, I fashioned a way to do the with minimal shake and there it was, except that the phone is over compensating for the dark background and this leaves me with an overexposed white mass. Is there a way around this and also when I buy my web cam will i have the same problem. I am presuming this is a software issue with the phone.

Scotty

Your efforts remind me of the time when I tried putting my camcorder to the ep of my binos and filming the moon! All the cam picked up was a pure blinding white light, so Warthog suggested making an aperature mask, purely out of cardbord, which is then put on the end of the binos. It worked by cutting out the brightness of the moon, managed to get some lovley footage of ole' Luna though.... :wink:

Caz :grin:

One quick and Cheap trick is to find a plastic wrapper(dark in colour maybe from a biscuit wrapper or Sweet) and cover your lens with it this will act as a filter and you will get some decent results. Please bear in mind the wrapper is taught or you may encounter problems..

James

Archived