Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn - come back special

russ

Had really good look at Saturn this morning (4.30am) and i'm pleased to say it's already looking jaw droppingly beautiful. I turned the ED100 and the Nexstar 4 towards Saturn. Both turned in a nice view. And depite it's low altitude, Saturn was very steady.

Top tip........don't wait for Saturn in the wobbly evening sky. Planets are much better observed in the steady skies of early morning. Get out and see Saturn now, it's well worth the effort if you have a good eastern horizon.

I say it every year but this is my fav time of the year for observing.....dark mornings :wink: Get up at 3-4am and do a couple of hours observing before work. Sets me up for the day.

Russ

Agreed Rus. Orion and other constellations were staggeringly beautiful at 4 this morning (and Saturday morning about the same time). Despite that, I wish the cats wouldn't get me up at that time to let them out!

Gary

Its near impossible for me to wake up at that time of morning :wink:

The alarm will have woken my wife and 3yr-old son before I even begin to stir!

My best bet is to do an allnighter...

Good point though Russ. By that time, the heat stored in the brickwork and concrete from the prev day will have mostly gone.

Tonight looks good too :wink::grin::lol: :lol:

Steve, i know what you mean. I use my watch alarm and have that under the pillow. I can just about hear it but no one else can :lol: Trouble is, our house is 150years old and a bit creeky. One wrong move and i could step on a creeky floorboard (as i did this morning). My youngest (also 3yrs) hears everything. And then he's up and it takes 30mins to get him back down. And i have to pray he doesn't wake the rest of the house. All good training though should i want a career change too cat burglar.

Russ

Archived