Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skymax 127 query

thanks Peter.

Anyone know if the diagonal the skymax comes with is ok? Reason I ask is that the diagonal my ed80 came with was shockingly bad.

Can you use a regular 1.25" diagonal with a mak or are mak diagonals different (am i just being really dumb?)

thanks Peter.

Anyone know if the diagonal the skymax comes with is ok? Reason I ask is that the diagonal my ed80 came with was shockingly bad.

Can you use a regular 1.25" diagonal with a mak or are mak diagonals different (am i just being really dumb?)

I would suspect the supplied diagonal to be of similar quality. The diagonal the comes with the 127 mak is of the push fit type, ther is a small screw on adapter on the rear of the telescope to take the diagonal.

Peter

My SkyMax 127 Mak came with an ordinary 1.25" diagonal that just push fits into the rear cell. I have just bought a Mak-to-SCT adapter for it so that I can fit SCT accessories, which would include 2" gear with the right adapter. You just need to figure out which combination of adapters you need.

On the diagonal quality, I don't think it was anything special, but being my first scope I'm not really that qualified to say. I did buy a WO 1.25" dielectric diagonal and some Pentax XW eyepieces from FLO to upgrade things as the main thing that was shockingly bad with the Mak were the "free" plossls it came with. The Pentax kit is *very* nice in comparison.

David

Archived