Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57 practise tonight

Kaptain Klevtsov

Gordon Bennet you did well on that one matey. Thats a lot of focal length to be working with. Even for 20sec subs your tracking looks very good. Focussing is a nightmare as well and you have got it nailed. Good one CC

Now that really is something. The image scale is huge, can really start to see some of the finer detail in the ring. And as already pointed out by Martin, your tracking, considering the fl, is superb.

RGB filters next then????

Russ

RGB filters next then????

Russ

I've had my eye on a filter wheel for a while now. Could be narrowband composite images as I have plenty of ligt pollution and that could be a way round it. HaGB could be another way of dealing with LP as the red channel is usually unuseable without a CLS filter and has virtually nothing in it with. Getting round the LP is a little awkward to say the least.

It does seem like the EQ6 is fairly well polar aligned though as I set it going, locked the shed door and popped inside to watch Spooks on TV. Came back and it was still there so I think one hour is not bad.

Captain Chaos

Archived