Narrowband

Hey from London!

Draco Lacerta

Hi everyone!!

My partner and I have recently decided to take the plunge and get our first telescope, after discovering that you don't need to be loaded to take the hobby up! Do excuse my username! My main hobby is herpetoculture and when I saw that two constellations shared names with reptile genera, I thought it'd be a nice username!

I really want to get into astrophotography so I hope you don't mind me coming at you with the newbie questions :D

Catch you soon :D

Hi Draco,

A very warm welcome to SGL. :D

If you're leaning towards astro-photography, a good place to start is with the book Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards, steppenwolf here on the forum.

It'll guide you through imaging from the start, covering everything from kit to techniques, helping you choose the right equipment and tools, whilst avoiding the expensive mistakes.

But be warned, imaging is an expensive part of the hobby.

Hi Draco :D

A warm welcome to you (and the other half) for joining in with the forum. There is a search tool for past questions and replies at the top of the page to assist your research in astro photography.

Everyone here is very generous, they'll look after you!

Clear skies

James :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived