SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

An explanation for my astronomy obsession

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just like to assure everyone that I am in fact a complete astro obsessive, and really do want to stay up all night trying to get the perfect picture of some fuzzy blob in the heavens.

But I'm also very very lazy. So I guess it balances itself out and makes me look normal compared to all you galloping fruity loops. Too normal in fact. Which isn't normal. :D

Phew... I guess I do belong here after all. :D

An interesting aspect on autism of which Aspergers Syndrome forms part of this total spectrum, is that a significantly higher number of men reportedly have this condition than women - does this in part explain why there are more male astronomers than female? Just a thought.

James

Back in Uni, I spoke to one of the few female engineering students about the dating odds being in her favour. She said, "the odds are good, but the goods are odd"...

An interesting aspect on autism of which Aspergers Syndrome forms part of this total spectrum, is that a significantly higher number of men reportedly have this condition than women - does this in part explain why there are more male astronomers than female? Just a thought.
I think such things are interesting, but as potential (or not) host to a number of "recessive genes", I tend to prefer blissful ignorance (or maybe even acceptance?) these days. ;)

Aside: I see an awful lot of "politics" re. these issues. I imagine diagnosis is useful to many, but I always hope it is for mutual understanding and personal benefit. I have even given up on some internet forums, where it seems a [vocal] majority have some "condition" or other - Notably when they're losing a debate? :D

Still looking for that onetime dream of label-free, human commonality? :D

Lets face it, only two questions required for amateur astronomers:

1/ Do you find astronomy absorbing and mind blowing ? 5 for yes, 0 for no.

2/ Do you buy loads of expensive,unnecessary gear. ? 5 for yes, 0 for no.

A score of zero means get out now while the goings good, a 10 means it's too late mate, your hooked and doomed to a life of poverty!

Two atoms are walking down the street. One suddenly stops and says, "Oh no, I've lost an electron."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive!"

That is a bad joke. but why am I laughing so much at it?? :D:hello2::D:hello2:;)

Archived