Narrowband

Wisbech Star Party - Chat Thread

Will do, i am not sure if it will be me and a friend + wife or me + wife or me +friend lol

we have got the tent down to a 3 man operation now, not sure its possible with 2 :icon_salut:

Ill make sure the wife pops to asda and stocks up on bacon :(

I have the day off friday so will be turning up in good time too

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, i am quite new to this site. Wisbech is quite near to me and i was wondering if it is possible to turn up on the Saturday for example and pay for a pitch then if one were available. I am really interested in attending and meeting fellow members but am unable to commit 100% as i might be working.

This is the thing,

don't worry about anything, we have the best part of 20 pitches booked for this (all booked out now!)

I will be there with a friend from the 7th, others are arriving earlier.

Just to let all know that unlike conventional camping, you are encouraged to mingle, circulate.

There will be talks and events to being all together, but the aim of this is to network, learn and have fun :-)

I will update the new list if attendees as soon as my son lets me lol

Many thanks to all for their support :-)

ps, the main things to do now are

collate all your camping kit to avoid a last min rush in the morning when your packing away.

Ensure all your kit works, set it up as you would if you were camping in the back garden.

If you have a power pack, can you run everything from it? How long will a charge last for? How long to charge it back up.

I would also ensure you have a nice thermos mug for your beverage.

If you are taking children, you can get gel warmers from Tescos these are safe and easy to use, and will keep your kids hands warm (or yours for hours)

A tea cosy hat is also going to be helpful.

Red torches as well are ideal, preferably head torches.

No green lasers, goes without saying.

also as i advised in FB group, if people have any astro brick a brack, to sell, bring it along :-)

The event is close now, and i can tell you, i cannot wait!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived