Narrowband

frustrating hour

Daniel-K

all was looking good scope cooling down clear sky till around 1am er....wrong screw the bbc forcast. was at the astro club on wed and i got showed m13 so i though i would try and locate it myself as i roughly thought i new where it was....wrong again the guys at the astro club made it sound so easy so im quite annoyed and i didnt even get to see the ring neb and i always see that when i have the scope out grrrrrrrrrr......

this is par for the course :)

tonight I thought no. then it cleared a bit so I thought what the hell I'll look at Saturn for a bit so I did, great. quick look at a few bits and it's cloudy again (well wispy anyway). the moon's on the way up over the houses though so might get a couple of lunar 100s before bed - if the cloud stays away at least a little.

what I should have done was what was in the back of my mind - go down the road, look at Venus or an hour then bed. I have still never looked at Venus through a scope :D - west is behind my house

have you got stellarium the free download? anyways its way too bright nights up where im at to see much as it is.

as for m13 locate the 'keystone' of hercules which is the 4 stars making up a square, then the cluster is near the top right hand star, perhaps 1/5 of the way down

rich

Archived