SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ArduinoAstroControl - Homebrew Autoguider MkII

samtheeagle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sam

I thought I would let you know that I am still on with the Homebrew. It's taking a long time :icon_salut:. Mine didn't seem to work, perhaps my soldering was not up to the mark.

Struggling I did further research and studying and found a problem with the initial scheme and the answer to it. I've attached a renewed scheme for you see and perhaps give your view.

Regards

Project.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have programed Arduino UNO device with no problem ;). I have a problem with running the driver Guider :) . When selecting the driver settings pops up the following message:

ChooserForm - Failed to load driver: "ASCOM.ArduinoAstroControl.Telescope"

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Utworzenie wystąpienia składnika modelu COM o identyfikatorze (translate: creating COM instance with following identifier ) CLSID {CFE0D863-AA4E-4621-827A-EE61ACA8BB98} z elementu (translate: from element) IClassFactory nie powiodło się z powodu następującego błędu (traslate:failed with error) : 80131604.

w System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

w System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)

w System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)

w System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

w ASCOM.Utilities.ChooserForm.cmdProperties_Click(Object eventSender, EventArgs eventArgs) w C:\BuildAgent\work\c9b0aabbc621eced\ASCOM.Utilities\ASCOM.Utilities\ChooserForm.vb:row 198

I have installed ASCOM platform 6. I tried setting ForcePlatformVersion 5 in Profiles Explorer for ASCOM.ArduinoAstroControl.exe

It does not help in any way.

Does anyone managed to run guider with the ASCOM Platform 6 or recompiled driver to the new version. I do not have Visual Studio. I tried to run the device on two computers. The result is always the same.

I greet and thank you for any advice

Robert

• 1 month later...
That sounds about right :D Although I'm not familiar with the Uno model, I assume like pretty much every other usb device it will indeed draw power from the usb bus.

Sorry I thought you were using an Uno. I'm interested in doing a guiding mod to my Eq2, does communication line go as follows PHD>USB cable>arduino>opto coupler>handbox mod>hand box

I will probably use arduino nano if that is possible

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Responding to the problem of Ambro ( 2 years late!!) , but to keep track of it if I install it on another computer and forgot it.

The problem is not with version 6 of ascom. The problem is with the way your computer handle decimal separator (comma or dot), it fail when decimal number are represented with comma instead of dot. 

To fix this, in windows 7:

--Go to start 

-- Control panel

-- Region and Language

-- Click on : additional settings

-- Next to decimal symbol, simply hit the dot "." to replace the comma ","...your done....

• 10 months later...

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to implement the basic goto functionality as mentioned by Sam earlier on this system. I am really confused where will I update the driver with the position of a known star and centrering that star in the scope.

Any help will be appretiated.

Thank you

Dip

• 8 months later...

So at long last I've finished of the second revision of my homebrew autoguider, this time based on the popular Arduino prototyping board. This is to give me room for future additions such as focus control should I get the itch :) This is based very heavily on my previous project: SimpleGpUsb, and indeed ports over large amounts of the driver code. Funtionally it operates in exactly the same way, it's just based on different hardware, and has the driver implemented differently (as an ASCOM local server), which is again to support future additions more easily.

Example images from the first use of this autoguider can be found in this thread: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/104790-i-love-when-plan-comes-together-m13-ngc7000-ic5070.html

As before I release this under the GPL. Binaries, documentation and all of the source code can be downloaded here: http://www.guywebb.co.uk/ArduinoAstroControl/ArduinoAstroControl 1.0.0.zip

Hi Sam, 

This is most excellent

I'm about to put this together. I've got some TLP521-4 optocouplers on hand so will be using one in the build instead of the ILQ74

I notice that you do not use any current limiting resistors before the LED input on the ILQ74. Is that by design or was it an oversight?

Thanks for sharing this. 

Archived