SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Messier 1 Combined Data

RichieJarvis

This image is the combination of the last 2 years worth of Messier 1 data - taken with both the Astro Professional 102ED and the Celestron C8. The data was combined with Registar and processed with Photoshop.

Statistics for this image are difficult to work out, but I was able to figure out that the total exposure times:

Ha Data: 87612 seconds (24 hours!)

OIII Data: 40200 seconds (11 hours!)

Ha was mapped to the red channel, and Oiii was mapped to the Green and Blue channels.

messier_1_-_all_narrowband_data_20100527_2090069716.jpg

Full size here: Gallery - Category: Messier 1 - Crab Nebula - Picture: Messier 1 - All Narrowband Data

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Richie

I dunno Richie :)... I think you should probably get at least another 13 hours worth of data :) to make it up to the round 48 hours :)

But seriously, that's a lot of time and effort put in there, and it shows in a stunning image :headbang::D

Thanks all...

As for future data, yes - I hope to grab some wide-field views with the Genesis of the region, and add that in as well at the end of the year. Hopefully that will sharpen the stars up nicely.

I've been playing with the data again this morning, but am having trouble improving on it for now - the games not over yet though!

Cheers,

Richie

I have to confess to being a bit of a wally (...no comments please). When I saw your picture I thought umm...nice stars but what's the fuss about - until that is I started to scroll down and WOW amazing :D

I'm not an imaging person but its pictures like this that help start making me reach for my camera bag to do a little stock take!!!

Thank you Richie for that one! :D

James

With the crab, isn't taking data over several years going to cause issues due to the fact that the crab is still forming alot. I mean slight shifts could cause blur ???

Amazing image anyways, just a question that is all :D

Richie that looks fantastic, you could have posted it smaller and no doubt it would have look sharper, I'm glad you didnt... well done and good effort.. :D

Cheers

Guy

Archived