Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another possible Star Party meet- Yieldon

Hi All,

Firstly, please don't confuse this with Wisbech, that is going ahead as organised in the other thread.

However, i did say i was in talks with a farmer about using their land.

If this one pulls off it will be a lot more regular than Wisbech, more like a a monthly thing than annual. Based here in Northants (Village of Yieldon)

I am going to see this chap in a week or so, but in the meantime, i thought i would take a look to see who might be interested so i can mention numbers.

These are early days re this event, i need as with Wisbech to go there. But it would be nice to have numbers in my head.

Many thanks all

Er, concur with that one, its near the Northants, Beds border.

The chap who has the venue is himself a keen astronomer, we discussed it at a last meet.

I have emailed for more details on location etc

But to prove the place is not a figmant if my imagination here is a link to something about the village, sounds very nice

Yeldon -Tourist Information on the towns and villages in Bedfordshire - Tourist Net UK guide

Yes it does look promising location wise.

As it happens i am in talks with the parish council, its not exactly the farm the chap i was speaking to has in mind, its the playing field there. There is a village hall with loo's we can also use and pitch tents etc for the night. Still sounds promising though.

As said i am just gauging interest at the moment, i need to go and visit before i can confirm it.

If it works out, i think we could make it a site for a regular meet.

Probably (and i will need to speak to Steve Williams) in conjunction with Nene Valley Astronomical Society :-)

I think you mean just south of Rushden.

Rushton is much further north.

And don't confuse this Rushden with the one in Hertfordshire either.

Even the street signs don't signpost Yeilden properly.

Some say Yelden.

It's all far too confusing, and I live around here.

• 1 month later...

I was at Yieldon today, a nice venue.

Nice dark skies, just in between northants and bedford.

The venue has wash and toilet faclities, electric, but no shower facilties that is the main issue.

I aim to use this one as a means of experiencing darks skies and laying on workshops for beginners

Prosposed dates so are are after Wisbech SP Fr 6th November 2010 till sunday or Fri 13th till the same.

I am gauging numbers right now, so anyone interested please post below. This commits no one, just interested in seeing numbers for now.

Thanks all

ps, pics are on my facebook account for those who are linked with it, otherwise i will link them hopefully tomorrow

November would be too close to bonfire night as someone just pointed out.

The danger of being hit by rockets might be a little too much to chance.

We'll arrange this one for next year me thinks.

Thanks all

Wisbech is going ahead though as planned! So please keep those names coming.

• 1 month later...

Archived