Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000 North American Nebula

tmarkuk

It looks like I'm not the only one having a go at this object over the last couple of nights, however one more can't hurt! I am open to all tips, comments and criticism, please let me know what you think!

Imaging Kit :

William Optics ZS66SD Refractor / Canon EOS1000D (unmodified) / Astronomik CLS CCD Filter

285 minutes total exposure time (57x5 minutes)

Guiding :

Vixen A70LF Refractor / modified webcam / IR cut / 0.6 focal reducer / Guidedog

Celestron CGEM Mount.

post-15227-133877449641_thumb.jpg

Well, I like it - it is far too easy to 'overdo' the processing of this object but bearing mind that it was captured using an unmodified DSLR, the colours are nicely understated and the relatively large number of subs has produced a good smooth image.

Thanks for the positive commets, I wasn't sure if I had over done the saturation a bit myself! I should probably mention for those interested in such things :

Image calibration and debayering in Iris

Aligned, stacked and processed in Pixinsight.

I can't quite get the new calibration tool in Pixinsight to work as I would like them to yet, I'm not sure if it's debayering the image correctly yet either.

Archived