Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North America and Pelican Nebula in Ha

GordonH

Hi

A clear night last night albeit with limited imaging time due to the short nights, this is the first stage of a colour narrow band image of this area. It was taken with the FSQ106ED f5 and Starlight Xpress H36 with a 5nm Ha filter, 8x20 minute exposures with guiding via the Lodestar and OAG on a Paramount ME with dithering used. I have had a go two years ago at both of these objects but separately and these can be seen for comparison on the Nebulae page of the image gallery on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

Hopefully the weather will play ball so that I can get the rest of the data.

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877449411_thumb.jpg

Yikes!!!

(I think I can just make it out.....)

Well Gordon, that has SIGNAL. Oh, and resolution. And smoothness. And zilch noise. And no haloes and spot on framing.

Apart from that...

Splendid,

Olly

BTW your recent stuff from the BRC really has been outstanding. I guess you are thrilled with the instrument? Silly question, really.

Hi

Thanks for the comments, I am hoping to do the rest of the channels for this either this week or next (weather permitting). The FSQ106ED and H36 is a perfect combination for the majority of the large emission nebula that are now coming into view from now until March of this year, there ar so many to do and revisit during these months and they are all crying out for narrow band imaging, here as promised is a link to the full size high resolution image, be warned that is is 9.5mb so it may be slow downloading unless you have a broadband connection

NGC7000 and IC5067-70 in Ha photo - Gordon Haynes photos at pbase.com

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

here as promised is a link to the full size high resolution image, be warned that is is 9.5mb so it may be slow downloading unless you have a broadband connection

Cheers Gordon it was well worth the wait :)

Hi Olly

BTW your recent stuff from the BRC really has been outstanding. I guess you are thrilled with the instrument? Silly question, really.

Actually most of the recent stuff since September of last year has been taken with the FSQ and not the BRC, the BRC is currently out of commission as it needs a mirror clean due to some dew that got on it and what appears to be a patch of dirt/mould. The FSQ is the better scope in my opinion as it is better for wide fields especially with the H36 and the contrast is better (The BRC has a large secondary mirror). Virtually all of my imaging will be done with the FSQ for the rest of the year now.

Best wishes

Gordon

Archived