sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

ngc6992

peter shah

This is my first shot done after stripping down the AG8, recoated mirrors and new heaters installed all over the optics...no more dew!!!

i had a slight issue with guiding, nothing too bad, guiding on an over saturated star... icon_rolleyes.gif

40mins in each RG and B

thanks for looking

post-17181-133877449404_thumb.jpg

Edited by peter shah

thanks everyone.....i would have exposed longer, but i was still finalising the collimation up until 1ish...at about 3am the sky started to glow a little so cut it short...

you are right the scope has serious punch at F/3.8....i love it!

many thanks again......to be honest there wasnt anything wrong with the coatings....it just made sense while the optics were out to get them done...

anyway here is a 100% crop

post-17181-133877449497_thumb.jpg

Edited by peter shah

Wow that's impressive work Peter. I've still not seen this visually.

Dark site and UHC or O111 filter. A 35 Panopptic with about a 500mm fl will show the lot. Then the bigger and faster the better to cruise around the details. It is breathtaking when you see it. I sold the Genesis to Richie but the little Pronto shows the whole thing very well. Not, however, quite like this!!

Sorry for the digression, Peter.

Olly

Dark site and UHC or O111 filter. A 35 Panopptic with about a 500mm fl will show the lot. Then the bigger and faster the better to cruise around the details. It is breathtaking when you see it. I sold the Genesis to Richie but the little Pronto shows the whole thing very well. Not, however, quite like this!!

Sorry for the digression, Peter.

Olly

Thanks Olly. I'll give that a go over the coming month. Just keeping an eye for a secondhand 2" OIII.