SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cassini pictures of saturn moons - stunning

MarkF

Fantastic photos - thanks for posting the link :D

I love the ones of Enceladus particularly - I find it quite humbling to think that I've actually seen this tiny, icy world with my own eyes so to see it all "close up and personal" is tremendous :)

You can really see how thick titans atmosphere is and mimas looks like the death star

My first thoughts too, wow that looks like the deathstar, glad you all enjoy the link one of my favourites is Picture 6 where the shadow of the rings on Saturn shows how thin those rings really are. Got me to thinking about what impact such a shadow would have on the ecology if earth had such a set of rings. How far does the shadow move with seasonal changes, does the band get thicker, long periods of night time in the summer that sort of thing or would it be solar eclipse type darkness how would life adapt?

Archived