sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

My First Ever DSO

Keiran

Hi all,

tonight was the first time I really got to test my new mount, and put my scope to the test, and wow... The things I have seen to night, have amazed me.

I think I have had the bes coditions my city will offer me, so the next step, a power pack, and a nice dark sky obs spot :D

Anyway, I wanted to share with you, my first ever DSO, seen and photographed. A widefield of the ring nebula.

ISO 2000

4x 30 sec exposures stacked

post-19065-133877449219_thumb.jpg

Next time, I will try more exposures, and abit closer.

Thanks for looking Keiran

Nicely done!

I think I started with that one as well...i vaguely remember spending a couple of hours trying to find the damn thing!

Try M 27 thats always good for a laugh and quite bright.

Thanks very much all for the kind comments, I had an absolutly brilliant time out there last night :D

I was going to try M27, but I couldnt see it from my house, maybe when I go to adarker location, with better 360' views.

Thanks again all

Keiran