SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The dobman cometh...

Llamanaut

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been waiting a week for it, some kind of supplier issue. Decided to take my local retailer up on his offer of a price match, he's a member of the astronomy club i just joined so decided to support my local shop. part of me wishes id just got it online but since the skies have been hazy round my way for past 7 days its worked out ok in the end. Besides had some nice lunar views through the bresser with 4mm ep and x2 barlow...

Russ, no problems for having a go, we need to sort out a date, time & venue for some serious playtime!

been waiting a week for it, some kind of supplier issue. Decided to take my local retailer up on his offer of a price match, he's a member of the astronomy club i just joined so decided to support my local shop. part of me wishes id just got it online but since the skies have been hazy round my way for past 7 days its worked out ok in the end. Besides had some nice lunar views through the bresser with 4mm ep and x2 barlow...

Russ, no problems for having a go, we need to sort out a date, time & venue for some serious playtime!

hehe Clear your calender for the 8th June! :)

the dobman arriveth... in 3 large boxes! Just set it up in the garden, took me about 45 mins from start to finish... man thats a big scope! Slightly bigger than i anticipated, the mrs just rolled her eyes and said where is that going to live? Piccys to follow.... quick question theres a white circle sticker in the middle of the primary mirror... does that stay on?

Good luck on first light... although at this time of year, to really see your 'scope perform, you might struggle.. we are now not seeing true astronomical darkness and that's when you can really slay the dragons in the sky !

Still, with more light, you can get around to tweaking (dobs are excellent for that !)

Steve

just took out the dob to cool, think i need to zero the finder in on the moon as its the most accessable... i tried and failed on the leo triplets for the past few weeks so they may be my first light... standby for first impression report

my wife cant walk past it without shaking her head... she said it looks like an immersion heater

I know that response so well...my wife was just the same....'oh my god, he's bought the bloomin hubble'........ funny how it seems to get smaller over a period of a few weeks (the scope I mean!!). note to self....take another look at a 50" obsession, if you cannot eventually have one of them anyway, why even think about a bigger scope than a 12".

Show her Saturn and she'll never look down on it again (just through it!)

you will never regret buying this scope - it's a beaut.:)

Archived