Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thetford Star Party is now Parklands

Hi All,

Just a small thread to announce we provisionally have the above venue for a star party.

We are going along on Sunday to take a look and confirm things.

Provisional prices at the moment are £10 per unit per night.

This is the website Parklands Holidays

Apologies for beginning another thread for it, but we didn't want people pressing ahead to book Thetford (not that i think many would).

Its NOT confirmed yet but have spoken to them and they are very keen to host it.

what do the people think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I can now confrim this event will be taking place.

Its a very nice site just outside of Wisbech (Four Gotes) which appears to have all we need.

We am able to take bookings for this event now. Prices are as below

£11.50 per PITCH per NIGHT without electric

£13.50 per PITCH per NIGHT with electric

No extra charge for dogs

As well as the following

Childrens play area

Wash/ bathroom facilities

Takeaway (even delivery to your tent!)

Well equipped onsite shop

This will include any talks/ workshops i am able to arrange plus a free demonstration of robotic astronomy if its cloudy.

Wifi access is also available for a further £5 a day.

Please add 3% if paying by paypal

Cheques also acceptable

Please pm if interested. Spaces are limited and it will be advertised on other media not just SGL.

Hi there. I'm definitely interested in attending (and AstroTiger many thanks for your emails to me in support). I have a few details to iron out at work and then I'll confirm properly. Just wanted to show support here on the forum. It'll be my first star party and it sounds like it might be fun!

Thank for your support there Derek

We are really pleased with this venue and believe it offers good value for money and more importantly clear skies. Let us know when you can about confirming and we will add you to the list.

Wisbeach hopefully will become an annual event and it is with support from people like yourself that this will be made possible.

Once again thankyou and hope to hear back soon!

Any one else interested?

Just to clarify, The venue now is Wisbech, 30km or so from Thetford.

Interested

Dreek - interested

Mr and Mrs AstroTiger and Cub - confirmed with leccy

anyone else?

From a previous thread had the below,

Wobbly Bob + 1 with electric

Hipolito

Jayla

Doc with electric

Eagles Eye (a possible)

cjh2007 no electric

rawhead with electric

Phil Fargaze no electic

ringz with electric

Steve Williams (username?)

MattLane

Daz

steve_bham no electric

Bringing a Caravan

lguise + 1 + electric (to confirm caravan type)

Sarah + 1 + electric (confirmed caravan type

Please confirm your interest if still keen

Many thanks

At the moment Alastair I'm only a possible to go as I have still not received a date for my by-pass operation and it will be sometime around September so may not feel fully fit by then.

I'm glad you have found somewhere else to host this as the last venue rather on the expensive side, this one sounds so much better.

I wish you all the success with it.

Can you bring some of the details into this thread as well... Wisbech is not far for me (just N. of Peterborough) & I have only just seen this...

Also, maybe the Peterborough A.S. may be interested?

Thanks,

Phil.

Just sending my PST back for repairs and i'll post some pics of it later apologies, its been a busy few days :-)

Edit

I am having difficulties posting the pics i took to the usual sites for hosting as i have done before, i've put them on facebook

Can you see these?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4621108&id=623176104#!/album.php?aid=176725&id=623176104

As promised here's some piccies

Astro Tiger's Wisbech Star Party Photo Album - MySpace Photos

Just to clarify, there is no restaurant as such on the premises, but food can be ordered and delivered to your tent!

There is a local chip shop with a Coop in the next Village and a decent sized Asda's in the next town.

NO Charcoal BBQ's are allowed on site but calor gas ones are permitted. They also rent solid methanol BBQ's on the premises too which can be rented.

One of the things i like about the pitch is for an extra £5 a day you have wifi access which i thought was handy for laptops

Other than this as said its

£13.50 per pitch per night with electric

£11.50 without

Dogs are permitted free.

Dates to clarify are Friday 8th- Sunday 9th October 2010

Longer can be arranged as desired just let me know.

Payment can be made by paypal but please add 3% on the top for their fee's/ Wifi access is payable onsite.

If sending a cheque, please pm and i'll give you my address.

Monies are non refundable in event of cancellation full payment is required in advance not on arrival.

Hope this is ok with everyone hope to see you there.

Hi Astro Tiger,

Me + Mrs Stefski + 2 Mini-me's may be interested in this one. I'm afraid that earlier postings have passed me by....When is this event? Can't seem to find the dates on this thread?

Stef

For those confusion, Thetford caravan and camping park could not give me a reasonable price for hosting the star party. The event nearly had to be cancelled, but Mrs AstroTiger was able to save the day by finding Parklands caravan and camping club. Much nicer place for less.

The other SP (at Yielden) is a separate event, yet to be confirmed, i am gauging interest in it.

Unfortunately there is no website yet for Wisbech, but there is a facebook group for Wisbech for those members of that.

If its ok with the mod's i could put the details in my signature?

Updated for Martin Hall (Peterborough AS)

Possible's

Daz

Stefski

confirmed- welcome Derek, Steve C, and Martin Hall

Mr and Mrs AstroTiger plus AstroCub with leccy - payed

Dreek plus 2 others with electric - cheque recieved with thanks

Sailer with electric - pending payment

Martin Hall with Leccy - pending payment

Steve C with leccy - pending payment

Archived